Our Coronavirus Policy
At We are Food our primary focus is to maintain the safety of our team members and customers.
We have created a working policy where we are trying to balance our public responsibility while ensuring that our business remains stable. We will continue to update you with any changes.
We are Food Kitchen
- Our staff have continuous food safety training (the most recent being in February 2020) on the most stringent safe hygiene measures and we only make use of HACCP approved cleaning chemicals from our trusted supplier Geochem.
- We have a qualified Quality Officer with biological and food science experience on site who is ensuring that all safety protocols are correctly adhered to.
- Production will continue as usual for now, however we are prioritising production of our core ranges which means in the coming weeks, there may be short stock of some lines, such as our Entertainment Range.
- Our objective is to ensure that we can continue to operate our business as optimally as possible, so that we can fully support our team if they need to take time off.
We are Food Stores
- Our retail assistants have been trained on safe hygiene measures.
- Stores are equipped with medical grade sanitiser for the use of staff and customers.
- They will maintain social distancing as much as possible which will include ensuring customers swipe their own cards and encourage the use of touchless payment systems such as Zapper, wipe down point of sale surfaces after every transaction, as well as continually sanitise all surfaces.
- Trading hours will continue as usual for now, however these may change if our staff are at risk, and we thank customers in advance for understanding.
We are Food Customers
- Trading hours and delivery schedules have not been impacted at this stage however we request that you are patient and flexible as we may need to take urgent decisions to make necessary changes as required.
- Where possible, we request that customers place larger orders less frequently (ie. order once every two to three weeks, rather than once a week) so that you and our delivery teams are exposed to as little risk as possible.
- We will also continue to offer Click and Collect as an option for customers to order online for collection from one of our depots.
We are Food Retailers
- We are continuing to stock all retailers as usual however this may change at short notice if our stock levels or supply chain is impacted.
- We request that you order a little extra to assist us in forward planning so we can then deliver less frequently to reduce the risk of exposure to your staff and ours. This will also assist us in planning production levels and ensuring orders are fulfilled timeously.
- We request that our retailers and stockists pay upon receipt of invoice to assist us with our cash flow management during this time. We will prioritise supplying customers whose accounts are paid up to date.
We are Food Suppliers
- We endeavour to continue to support our small, local suppliers as this is when they need support the most.
- Furthermore, we will commit to pay as many of them as possible, on invoice rather than utilising our approved payment terms to assist them with their cash flow in their time of need.
We are committed to dealing with this crisis as proactively as possible.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the individuals who are affected, and businesses whose trade will be heavily impacted.
Jane & Amy